8 essential digital solutions for streamlining your restaurant business
Are you looking to improve the management of your restaurant to save time, increase efficiency and boost profits? A wide range of state-of-the-art digital tools are now available, designed to streamline restaurant operations across the board. From managing inventory or staff to recording bookings, here’s a quick overview.
1. Booking management software
Many restaurant owners still manage bookings by phone. Since this means always having to be available, this method has its limitations.
With Zenchef, you can:
- Enable your customers to make a booking in just a few clicks, 24/7.
- No longer lose any booking requests, even outside opening hours – optimise your restaurant’s occupancy.
- Send alerts and automatic notifications by email and text message to customers, informing them of the status of their booking (confirmation, change in arrival time, cancellation, etc.).
- Discourage no-shows by requesting a card imprint from customers.
- Visualise your restaurant seating plan and track the number of customers in real time.
- Get access to data allowing you to better understand your customers and analyse trends (peak periods, absences, culinary preferences, allergens, etc.). With our CRM (customer relationship management) function, you can personalise your service and marketing, improve customer relations and pinpoint any potential shortcomings.
Zenchef also lets you create a digital menu with a QR code, so you can offer your customers a contactless experience.
2. Staff management software
Managing human resources is a vital part of running a restaurant. Software such as Skello, Netresto, RH Suite or Snapshift can help automate numerous tasks related to staff management: hiring, payroll, employment contracts, keeping track of paid leave or absences, planning staff rotas, organising duties, and so on.
In a sector where staff turnover is high and working hours are inconsistent, these types of tools are essential for streamlining the management of your restaurant.
3. High-performance cash register software
A reliable cash register software system is another essential management tool for restaurants. These packages help reduce financial errors, and secure and automate customer payments, for instance. Software systems such as Zelty, CLYOSystems or l’Addi+ion enable a more efficient management of cash registers during shifts.
Cash register software solutions are extremely useful for simplifying and optimising order taking, and can also help facilitate communication between your restaurant and kitchen staff.
4. Inventory management software
Good stock management is crucial for keeping your restaurant running, for minimising losses and for ensuring profitability. Solutions such as Koust, Easilys, Yokitup, Melba or Symbioz can help you optimise stock management.
These digital solutions make ordering easier and simplify the management of purchases from different suppliers. For example, you can automatically update stock monitoring in line with sales, check your inventory in real time, effortlessly carry out stocktakes, control any discrepancies, etc.
5. Cash management software
With these tools, you can, for instance:
- Monitor cash flow in real time
- Secure banking transactions (receipts, disbursements, invoices, etc.)
- Centralise financial data and accounting documents (invoices, bank accounts, etc.)
- Simplify the payment of invoices to suppliers
- Control restaurant expenses.
These solutions provide a picture of the financial health of your restaurant at any moment in time, helping you remain in control of your finances, margins and ratios.
6. Hygiene management software
The restaurant sector is governed by a number of hygiene and food safety regulations, which are subject to regular inspection. Solutions such as Epack Hygiène, Kooklin, Octopus HACCP, Koust, Melba or Traqfoodensure that you are complying with these various regulations.
With hygiene management software, you can:
- Streamline the planning of maintenance and cleaning
- Improve food traceability in your restaurant
- Monitor the temperature of your storage areas and cold room to ensure that the cold chain is respected
- Apply HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) principles.
7. Food delivery apps
For restaurants, offering a delivery service is an important growth driver, boosting visibility and customer volumes.
Additionally, software solutions such as Lightspeed Delivery can consolidate deliveries in one place.
8. Tools for optimising your restaurant’s marketing
The restaurant sector is highly competitive, and a powerful marketing strategy is essential if you want to stand out and attractive business.
A good marketing strategy entails, among other things, designing a visually appealing, efficient and optimised website, as well as being active on social media (Instagram, Facebook) and present on specialised platforms (The Fork, TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.).
To optimise the marketing of your restaurant, a variety of dedicated software packages are available:
- SocialKitchen and Hootsuite for simplifying, centralising and improving social media management.
- MailChimp for developing a marketing strategy and sending newsletters or diffusing marketing campaigns.
- SurveyMonkey for conducting customer surveys.
- Google Analytics for monitoring website traffic and evaluating the success of marketing campaigns.
- MalouApp, a one-stop-shop for helping restaurant owners increase their online presence.
These solutions automate numerous time-consuming tasks, streamlining the day-to-day management of your restaurant, and freeing up valuable time so you can focus on your core business. Digital solutions can help reduce the risk of error, boost operational performance and drive your business’ profits.
For more tips on running a restaurant, check out our other articles:
You are a restaurateur?
Make an appointment for a customised demonstration of our restaurant software for chain restaurants.